Wednesday, February 1, 2017

The Cage

© 2017 by P Michael Biggs




Got time for a new idea in blogging?  
I have a triplet of posts that I want you to read. 

The first one is a poem/prose from my blog site The Cage.

And then, from Morning Notes 
you’ll find this – The Cage – a post offering 
hope and encouragement.

And finally, from Internet Church – we find 
offering hope from God’s word.  
I liked this idea, thanks to Seth Godin’s book 
What to Do When It’s Your Turn.  
The basic idea is Seth’s, but wrapped in my words, 
and inspiration from The Bible.


I hope you read all three.  I especially hope you share 
at least one of them with someone 
who might feel caught in some kind of trap 
and need to find an escape.  Enjoy.

It was a trap, that old cage
A trap that soon became a stage
Some called that trap old age
And they pranced and danced upon that stage

I’m 22, I’ll act my age
I’m 42, I love my age
I’m 72, I’m trapped in my cage
I can’t do what I want as a person of my age

My cage keeps me safe
It keeps me in
Yet it keeps everything else out
Without a doubt

Before my cage I had freedom
I made choices
It protected me, no doubt
And kept everything else out

Even my freedom to go and be
To adventure, dream and see
That was before I entered my cage

I long for the days when I could choose
Free from this cage of safety and security
I could roam, climb, dream, lose
In whatever pursuits I dared to choose

So, I live out my days in a cage of my choosing
I whisper my musings
And what I’ve lost and am losing
Not much is amusing in this cage of my choosing

Mostly I miss my right to be choosing
The life I might find amusing 

No comments:

Post a Comment