Wednesday, November 25, 2015

A Thanksgiving Thought

© 2015 by P Michael Biggs












It’s Thanksgiving
The obvious is to pause and give thanks
The easy is to say the usual words and phrases
But what amount of reflection is in our thanks

I reflect on present times of joy and esteem
I sense great love from the one I love
My belly is full and my health is stable
My life is in order and I have no regrets

For tomorrow, I will give thanks, though it is unseen
For next week, I’ll go where my path leads and hold forth joy
For my friends, I will greet them with joy and smiles and love in my heart
For the rest of my life, I will pause and reflect and offer thanks
For the small, the mundane, the large and looming,

I am thankful …
On Thanksgiving, and the day after
And in the bleak mid-winter
And in the sunshine
May we always pause and give great Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment