Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Why Bother With Us

 They say you left a lot behind
When you came down
You left your home, your crowns
Your robes, your royalty

And that you want to come
Down here and enter into our world
And you want to enter into my life

Why exactly?


Let me tell you about my world
~I drive a 1999 Ford with dented fenders
~I have a two-bit job that pays one bit

~My house is small
~My bank account smaller
~My kids are noisy
~My wife sometimes burns the bacon

You may be disappointed
with what you see
I’m not much
I’m no prize
I’m just one of your poor creatures
Shuffling along trying to make it

I suppose we could
make room for one more
But why?
Why bother with us
We’re just poor … ornery … sinners
In need of … a savior

You would really go to all that trouble?
We’re not rich, we’re not living in opulence
We sometimes fight, we have daily jobs
We have mundane conversations
We have crappy pictures on our walls

Why bother with us?

... And the answer comes!
I come to bring you light
I come with joy and peace
I have come to rescue you
Rescue you from yourself
And the workings of your own mind

I come to bring life to your existence
I come to offer you redemption
I come to have a relationship with you

You see, I Love You Very Much ...
And I like you too.

If you will make room
I’ll make my home with you

If you call
I will answer

If you ask
You will receive

If you seek
I will be found

If you knock
I will open the door

Yes – I Love You.

That is enough reason
For me to come down.


Words of Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment