Saturday, July 11, 2020

Where Do You Put Tired?

Where Do You Put Tired?
© 2020 by P Michael Biggs


Everybody gets tired.
Marathon runners get tired.
Housewives do.
Farmers, ranchers,
and factory workers get tired.

Even writers and other creators.
After a while the brain
just needs a break from
creating and thinking and
going places no one
has gone before.

My friend Seth says that
people who take their turn
get tired.
I get that.

It’s scary taking your turn.
It’s exposing your underbelly,
and getting naked in the real sense.
That is exhausting, and tiring.

I put my tired to bed
for a good 9-10 hours
every night.
That restores me.

I dream, and snore,
and dream some more.
I rest and rejuvenate,
and come morning
my body says, “Thank You”
and “Go have a great day.”

We all get tired.
Just find a place to park it
every once in a while
and then go back
to your exciting life.


Originals by P Michael Biggs

No comments:

Post a Comment