Friday, May 11, 2018

Late Bloomers


Late Bloomers
© 2018 by P Michael Biggs



(It finally bloomed)









I have a rhododendron bush
just out my window.
All other rhodys have
blossomed and shown off
this season,
except for this one.
It is what we call
a late bloomer.

It still beautifies my world,
it still adds a wonderful spring
essence all its own.
It’s just a late bloomer.

I’ve known a few late bloomers
in my time.
They are still people
of worth and value,
They just don’t find their
stride till later.

At times, I’ve been
a late bloomer.
I think my writing
is an example of that.

And yet, I am still valid.
I still have worth.
And maybe I’m not late at all.

Maybe I’m right on time
for someone who enjoys
the essence of what I do.

Maybe they live in this era
and have come along
to appreciate my words
for this season in life.

Maybe I’m not so late
after all.

Maybe you are not late also.
Bloom where you are planted,
and when you are ready.



No comments:

Post a Comment