Thursday, May 31, 2018

Time ... Slow Down


Time – Slow Down
© 2018 by P Michael Biggs


Yesterday, he was clinging
to Mom for security.
Today, he has a strong
sense of his own resilience.

A few years ago
she was happy
with a tricycle.
Now she has a
driver’s license.

I remember when she
was a Brownie.
This fall she’ll be
a college freshman.

Yesterday he was the
baby of the family.
Today, he has his
own baby.

Have I done enough?
Have I taught
the right concepts,
the right sense of
right and wrong,
the good and bad,
the right balance in life?

Have I modeled
the best traits?
And did I say
“I love you”
often enough?

When she remembers
my life, will she
find me faithful
in what I proclaim
as good and true?

Does she know 
what a straight arrow 
looks like?

Time is elusive. 
This moment is all
that we are sure of.

I’m gonna make it count.


Originals by P Michael Biggs


No comments:

Post a Comment