Monday, May 28, 2018

A Photo Captures It all


A Photo Captures it All
© 2018 by P Michael Biggs


I have a rhododendron bush
just outside my window.
It was late in blooming this year.

And when it bloomed,
it was spectacular.
I captured it in a picture

on Saturday.
Today, it is starting to fade.

Still plenty of blooms,
but not quite the
vibrancy of two days ago.

Thankfully I’ve got the photo.

I saw a picture of a man
I once knew fifteen years ago.
He was old then.
His daughter posted a
picture of him as a 22-year-old.
What a handsome man, back then.
So glad she has this photo to remember
him in his peak. 

Photos … captured moments.
Important somehow, in adding to
the fabric of our lives.
We remember when …
through photos.
Those moments happened then,
and we get to relive them now
… with photos.


Originals by P Michael Biggs

No comments:

Post a Comment