Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Friendship

© 2017 by P Michael Biggs

 It has been said …
“My friends are my estate.”
Then I am rich.

It’s a Wonderful Life reminds us …
“No man is a failure who has friends.”
Then I am a success.

If I have friends
Then I experience
one of life’s highest delights.

Are we still friends
Though we haven’t spoken
In a very long time?

I consider us so. 
Once friends … we remain.
Our memory of friendship
Is what binds us together.

Though I no longer call …
I still hold your place
In my heart
No one can ever replace you,
My friend.

A difficult thing …
To be a good friend
A loyal friend
A steady friend
A friend in season and out

Time and distance separate us
Busyness interrupts us,
Urgency diverts us,
But the tendrils of friendship
Still connect us
In magical mystical ways.

Let’s always be friends,
No matter the minutes
Or lack thereof
When we pause to connect.


No comments:

Post a Comment