Wednesday, April 19, 2017

What Is Possible

© 2017 by P Michael Biggs











The famous quote says …
Nothing is impossible,
The word itself says
“I’m possible”

What is possible?
Can I be a ballet dancer at 67?
Can I win a marathon at 42?
Can I write a best-seller
that moves the world?
What is possible?

I love thinking about the possible,
The what once was,
The what could be’s,
The what if’s,
The what might be’s.
Are they still possible too?

Are my dreams still possible?
I’m old now, my body aches,
My feet hurt, so I can’t run
as I once did.
Can I still win races?

I once lifted 122 pounds,
Now 22 pounds is a stretch.
Once I won in baseball,
Now the ball drops from my glove
and my swing is lopsided.
Where did my possibilities go?

What once was possible
is now a memory.
What once came easy
now seems so hard.
Are my possibilities gone?

Ah, one remains, however.
The possibility of love
that is constant,
A hand to hold in good and bad,
A listening ear, a gentle word,
Laughter,
A shared sunset

What is possible after all …
Relationships that still relate
Friends that are still friends,
Family that draws near,
And my faith that says
All things are possible
with love!


No comments:

Post a Comment