Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Silencing the Voices

© 2017 by P Michael Biggs












The ogre speaks,
“You’re not good enough.
I know what you did back then.
You are flawed.

“And who do you think you are?
And what do you think you deserve?”

Oh my, the ogre speaks loudly.
And along comes reason.
Along comes good thinking,
And it says,

“Yes, I may have done that,
or thought that
or gone there.

“That was another time,
another era.
Shame … leave me alone.
You say ‘I am bad’.
I only did some things that were bad.”

“I am not my failures.
I am not my past.
People can change
And I choose to change.

“I am setting new sights,
new goals and dreams.

I’m telling myself …
‘I can do better,
I will do better,
I have a future
and my past is past.’”

“Speak no more, ogre.
Speak loud and clear
my redefined self.
Where can we go
and what good can we do?




No comments:

Post a Comment