Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Wander

© 2017 by P Michael Biggs











“See the end before
you begin the journey”
they say.
That is well and good
for purpose-driven tasks.

But I like to wander.
I like to go nowhere, hurry nowhere.
I like to meander, stroll,
put my hands in my pockets
And just … wander.

If I come to a fork in the road,
I’ll pick it up and eat pie.
If I see something interesting
I’ll stop and stare.

If I hear good music,
I’ll sway to the beat,
or direct them with my little finger.

I like to wander.
I like to drive slowly down backroads.
I like hills and valleys,
ocean views and mountain tops.

I like little cafes,
soda pop out of an old cooler,
and hotdogs with mustard.

I want to wander for a bit.
You go on ahead.
I’ll catch up eventually.




No comments:

Post a Comment