Monday, September 9, 2019

13 Years of Love


© 2019 by P Michael Biggs

13 Years of Love

We’ve made it to lucky 13.
How about that?
13 years of marriage,
and we are still going strong.

We’ve had our set-backs.
My heart bypass, your slip and fall.
And through it all,
we still have each other.

What makes us unique, I think,
is that we talk, and we laugh.
The conversations flow so endlessly,
so seamlessly, so freely.

And we love so effortlessly.
I wrote you a poem
a few years ago …
You are so easy to love,
and you still are.

I think I’m pretty luck
to have found you
13 years ago.
And you say the same to me.

13 years is no small feat.
It doesn’t just happen.
We have had to work at it,
shed a few tears,
make adjustments,
give and take.

We have learned to
love and let love in.

We find ways to mark our love.
A special place, special dates,
photos, a piece of jewelry,
a saved memento.
But the best marks
are on my heart, and your heart,
and in my mind, and your mind.

You’ve affected me,
these 13 years.
I’m better for having
loved you,
and being loved by you.

Thank you, my great love!
Thank you for seeing
whatever you see in me,
And loving me
like I’ve never
known love before.


Originals by P Michael Biggs

No comments:

Post a Comment