Thursday, November 3, 2016

Seaside Revisited

© 2016 by P Michael Biggs

A Video Version



Where is a better space and time than by the seaside?
The lull of the waves
The chirp of the birds
The gentle breeze combing my hair

My little feathered friend looks on as I write
If I had food, I’d give him a bite
If I had a hammock I’d take a nap here
If I had a million bucks I’d retire here
I am seaside – I feel at home here

The pace is relaxed
The people are welcoming
The sun is bright
The smiles are brighter yet

I am seaside and I am content

The sea calls to me
As it calls to so many others
It has a voice like no other
For it speaks its own language

The words I hear are …
Let go of your woes
Take off your shoes and wiggle your toes
Relax into the arms of the sea

As the waves crash to the shore
In their return to the sea
Let your worries flee to the sea

No comments:

Post a Comment