Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Sometimes I Steal

© 2017 by P Michael Biggs




Sometimes I steal.
I see something I like
and I take it
and make it my own.

I saw a choral director once
and I really liked his style.
I stole from him.
I stole his hunch of shoulder,
his small subtle moves
and the grand sweeping
swing of his baton.

I read a book and stole from it.
The author touched me profoundly
and I liked his words so much
that I adopted them as my own.

He said ‘believe in yourself, your ideas’,
and so, I did.
He said, ‘you can …’
and so, I am.

He said, ‘forgive others,’
and so, I forgave.

He said, ‘what if’
and I thought, and pondered,
and tried, and pretended,
and so, some of my dreams
became more than ‘what if’.
They became real.

I borrow and steal
every day.
I am a thief,
And I am happy.




No comments:

Post a Comment