Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Writing the Narrative

© 2017 by P Michael Biggs

We write the narrative of our lives.
We make the rules,
we set the standards,
we play the game.
 
We invent expectations.
We direct the movies in our minds
of what happens, when, how, where.
We dress ourselves in robes
and act the part we see.

We put on restraints.
“Oh, I could never …”
“Oh, I always do …”
“Oh, that’s not me at all.”

We limit our tastes,
we limit our reach,
we limit our possibilities,
we put restraints on our hearts.

We write the narrative of our lives.
It’s in our hearts.
It’s in our minds, and therefore
we act out of our narrative.

And if we ever dared the ‘what if’...
Well, that would either be
Heaven or suicide.
If we opened our eyes,
our minds, our heart
to what is possible.
Now wouldn’t that be something?

I wonder if I can hold
the pen for a while.
What if I dabble in the possible?
What if I unleash one tiny dream?
What would become of me?

Oh, my friend.
You become poet extraordinaire.
You become creator and king.
You become director and producer.
You begin the journey toward
becoming a whole and complete you.

Here’s the pen. 
Go write!




No comments:

Post a Comment