Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Allowing for the Healing


Allowing for the Healing
© 2018 by P Michael Biggs


I’m returning to work tomorrow.
I’ve been off work for five months.
I’ve needed time for healing,
restoration, recovery.

I needed to regain my strength,
and even better, gain a new perspective.

And the strength
and fresh perspective
have come,
because I allowed for the healing.

You can’t rush healing.
It takes its own sweet time.
It uses sunshine and rest,
food and love, nurturing,
prayers and kind thoughts
from friends near and far.
No, you can’t rush healing.

There have been days
when I wondered if I would
ever feel as good as they said.
And I was reminded …
Patience, it will come.

And so, I fed on books,
got lost in a western,
went to Japan
and saved the world.

And I read some other
good and wholesome stuff.
A poetry book helped,
as did some other favorite authors,
All while my body took
time to heal.

I learned too, that healing
came about through struggles.
At first, it was hard to get
out of bed, or stand up.
I had to re-learn to sleep
on my side.
That was a struggle.

Eating took on a different face,
And different foods,
Lesser amounts,
A change in ingredients.

And the healing continues.
Thank God, the healing continues.


No comments:

Post a Comment