Sunday, June 17, 2018

Little Is Much


Little Is Much
© 2018 by P Michael Biggs



Today in church I sang
Little Is Much When God Is in It.
Made me think.
Any more, I’m not much.
I write a little, but I’m not
Clancy, Patterson, Lucado,
Brene Brown, Mr. Graham.

I’ve been a drummer.
I tried to drum for God.
Was it a little or a lot?

I’ve been a publisher,
in insurance, in real estate,
in various sales roles.
I doubt many people
remember much of what
I did or tried to do.

I’ve been a church musician.
I thought I was pretty hot
in my day, till I met
some really great talent.

But I did what I could,
with what I had,
and with what I understood
at that time.

God has an interesting way
of channeling our offerings,
our gifts, our abilities.
Most of the time, He keeps me
in the dark as to how exactly
He uses anything I do these days.

Nevertheless, I keep doing
what I can, with what I have.
I’ll give my little bit.
God adds His big dose.
And somehow, in God’s economy,
it is good.  
Very good indeed.


Originals by P Michael Biggs

No comments:

Post a Comment