Saturday, June 9, 2018

The Journey


The Journey
© 2018 by P Michael Biggs



To use a quaint phrase –
“I am on a journey.”
My journey has taken me
from Tennessee, to Orlando,
to Albuquerque, to Seattle,
to South Carolina,
to Indiana, back to SC,
to Tennessee,
back to SC,
to Texas
and back to Seattle.

You should meet
some of my friends
along the way.
Life-long, good and kind friends.
Smart and beautiful people.

You should have experienced
some of the joys I’ve had
along the way.
Thrilling rides, epic adventures,
soul-inspiring vistas,
the tastiest of foods,
the loudest of laughs.

You should tune into the knowledge
I’ve gained along the way.
Knowledge of how
others view life,
how others think and reason,
what’s important to people
in New Mexico that Tennesseans
never consider.

You should read some of
the books I’ve read.
The classics, great westerns,
spy and espionage,
a trip though war,
and tons of reading on
bettering self, believing in self,
monitoring self, caring for self.

And don’t forget God.
Oh my, how I’ve experienced God
in reading, in life, in experiences,
in trust, in trials,
and in living.

It has been quite a journey.

My partner, my soul mate
For these past 12 years
has been Carolyn.
What would I have done
without CB?

The places we’ve seen, together;
the conversations we’ve shared,
the walks we’ve walked
the foods we’ve shared,
the moments in life
that make it a good,
yeah GREAT life.

These are my experiences
on this journey.

I’ve had some good outcomes on this journey;
I’ve had some less than wonderful
outcomes on this journey.

This I know …
I’m committed to the journey –
not the destination.


Originals by P Michael Biggs

No comments:

Post a Comment