Tuesday, March 27, 2018

I Am Noticed


I Am Noticed
  








In the ancient scrolls
we note that God notices
when a sparrow falls.

And then the question …
Are we (you and I)
not of more value
than a Sparrow?

Hmm …
I am noticed.
You are noticed
We matter in the
grand scheme of things.

That is comforting
and unsettling.
Good news and bad.

There are times when
I don’t want to be seen.
Times when I don’t like
the way I’ve acted,
spoken, reacted.

Times when I question
my own validity,
my own sense of belonging,
my own credibility.

And yet I (we) are noticed.
What is HE thinking?
What does HE really see?
Where do I rank in the
grand scheme of good and bad,
right and wrong,
worthy and unworthy?

And what can I do
about any of that?

A Sparrow …
Tiny, in abundance,
non-descript,
yet noticed.

And you and me – noticed.

Hmm!


No comments:

Post a Comment