Saturday, March 17, 2018

In the Library


In the Library
© 2018 by P Michael Biggs













I’m in the library. A perfect escape spot.
The silence suites me, it’s conducive to
thinking and mulling and writing.

I’m left alone.  No distractions, except
The occasional ferry I can see distant.
The other readers around me,
they are into their own world as well.

The lady to my right, in the red hoodie,
enjoyed an uninterrupted nap
for forty-five minutes.
Now she is awake and reading.

The man in the corner, I recognize
from around town.
He has been engrossed in something
on his computer, all morning.
He seems happy and content.

I’ve written three posts,
And mostly I’m happy with them.
They will see the light of day soon enough.

I’ve seen others explore the shelves
and rows and rows of books
that take people places.

And now I’m wrapping up,
packing up
and headed out.

As I was coming in,
A mother and her three wee ones
were just leaving, two or three
books in each one’s arms.

That made me smile.

I’ve enjoyed my two-hour oasis
in my small-town library.
I’ll come again,
explore again,
and write and watch, again.
I’ll see where else I can go
by just sitting still
in the library.


No comments:

Post a Comment