Monday, July 30, 2018

I'm Tired


I’m Tired
© 2018 by P Michael Biggs


I’m tired.
Was a grueling weekend.
And now my body says,
“I’m tired.  Take care of me.”

There’s nothing wrong
with being tired.
We all get tired.

Marathon runners do.
Teachers get tired.
Policemen get tired.
We all get tired.

There’s nothing wrong with us.
We’re not sick, or needy,
or weak, or disposable.
We’re just tired.

And so, we take care of business …
the business of being tired.
We pause for the break,
we slow down. We rest.
We find a different rhythm.
We adjust life so our bodies
can get over being tired.

Rest is the best elixir, they say.
And so, I drink deeply of rest.
I recover, I rejuvenate,
I restore, I rebuild.
Mostly, I think,
it’s an inside job.

Where do you put your tired?


Originals by P Michael Biggs

No comments:

Post a Comment