Saturday, July 14, 2018

Once I Was Young


Once I Was Young
© 2018 by P Michael Biggs


Once I was young,
and could climb trees,
run races, ride bikes.
I was young then.

I once played baseball.
I was good, in my day.
I could catch, and scoop,
I could bat and run the bases.
I even hit a couple homeruns.
I loved baseball, when I was young.

When I was young,
we made go-carts,
and flew kites.

We played kick-the-can,
And hide-n-seek.
We rode broom-stick horses,
and made tents out of quilts.

We camped out in the back yard.
We ate marshmallows on Grahm Crackers.
We stopped the milkman and bought
three-cent chocolate milk in half-pints.
when I was young.

Today, I have my memories.
Grand and glorious memories
of those days now gone.

We were so young back then,
with grand ideas,
and a ready laugh,
and we could make a game
of a stick and a rag.

Thankful for when I was young.
Thankful for you, my friends,
who friended me in those times.
Thankful for the memories
of when I was young once.


Originals by P Michael Biggs

No comments:

Post a Comment