Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Safe to Look Within


Safe to Look Within
© 2018 by P Michael Biggs


It’s safe to look within,
deep down, inside our souls.
We horde a lot of thoughts,
experiences, life moments
down in there.

Sometimes, it’s safe
to look within.

When is the last time
we allowed the light
of acknowledgement
to seep down there?

I’ve put some stuff
deep inside,
and locked it away.
Never thought about it much.
Never needed to revisit it.

Except when a trigger goes off,
And it comes rushing up,
knocking on the door,
begging to be aired and remembered.

And when I dare to open the door,
and do my re-examination,
I see miss-steps,
I see attitudes,
and actions,
if only to remember
I learned from that one.
I do it differently now.
I don’t do that one anymore.

Yes, it is safe
to look within
occasionally.


Originals by P Michael Biggs

No comments:

Post a Comment