Thursday, September 13, 2018

I Remember the Moments


I Remember the Moments
© 2018 by P Michael Biggs


I’ve lived a good many years,
and in all those years,
I can’t recall them all
in vivid detail.

Ah, but I remember moments.

I remember Johnny and a simple
slice of white bread, when I was six.
and I remember discovering
the Three Stooges at his house.

I remember a German Shepherd
biting me on my left arm
when I was nine.
He belonged to Norris Fuller.

I remember giving my first necklace
to Barbara, my first love.
We were in the sixth grade.

I remember that one special bicycle
on Christmas morning, 1958.
I rode the life out of that bike.

I remember my first day at college.
The loneliness of the dorm room
when first I arrived.
And then slowly making friends …
some have remained life-long friends.

I remember some success early on
in my career.
I cherish those.

In Albuquerque, I had the best of friends,
And we made lots of moments.
We snowshoed the Sandia Mountains.
We ate some terrific Mexican food.
We laughed.  We sang.  We developed bonds.

In Seattle, more friends, more food,
more laughs, lots more music.
Halloween and Ms. Piggy comes to mind.
I was Ms. Piggy.

And other places, other faces,
other memories that are rich and
still vivid in my mind.

And I remember meeting CB.
Our first date – imprinted clearly.
Our wedding day – captured forever.
The love we share – still alive.

I remember so many moments.
I value all of those moments.

My life is full of memories
of those precious moments
of a life well-lived.

And there’s more to come …
stay tuned.


Originals by P Michael Biggs


No comments:

Post a Comment