Thursday, September 27, 2018

It's Never Too Late


It Is Never Too Late
© 2018 by P Michael Biggs


 It’s never too late
to pursue a dream,
or wish upon a star,
or think about what might yet be.

Dreams do come true,
when your two
and when your ninety-two




When I was a kid,
I wanted to be Superman,
a football hero,
and Mickey Mantle

And now, to some of my readers,
I have super powers of encouragement,
and I watch football,
and squeak like Mickey Mouse.

Ah, but in my mind
I can still do things,
only my body doesn’t know it yet.

And yet, I still have my mind,
and my imagination,
my thoughts, and my dreams.

There are goals and dreams
I can still dream,
and little by little
I get around to them.

I’ve replaced speed
for better action,
better thinking,
better doing
what I can do.

‘cause, you see,
I still believe
it’s never too late
to do my best.


Originals by P Michael Biggs

No comments:

Post a Comment