Saturday, October 13, 2018

Appreciation


Appreciation
© 2018 by P Michael Biggs


"I appreciate you."
Three simple words,
easy to say,
so needed today.

They are a symphony to our heart,
a healing salve to our wounds and woes.
They inflate depleted lives,
these words are, as Bette sings,
‘the wind beneath our wings’.

We appreciate the large moments of life.
We should do the same with the small gestures ...

A cup of coffee on a cold morning,
an assuring hand in a worrisome moment,
a note received in the mail,
a phone call at a critical juncture.

When we say
“I appreciate you,”
it is a significant moment.
It is a gentle breeze 
blowing in our hair,
a moment of grace.

For one flickering breath,
someone recognized us.
They said ... 
“I see you.
I like what you did.”

I like appreciation.


Originals by P Michael Biggs

No comments:

Post a Comment