Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Encouragement


Encouragement
© 2018 by P Michael Biggs


I like to encourage.
I use my thoughts
to string words together
to encourage someone.

I could say, for instance,
You’re clumsy,
and that would dis you
instead of Encourage you.

I could say, Your fat.
Now that is a downer
if there ever was one.

Instead, I want to encourage.
I want to find something to say
that elevates you,
promotes the better parts of you,
and causes a spring in your step,
a smile to bounce forth,
and a heart that leaps
simply because I found the keys
to your soul.

I hold the highest regard,
the highest trust
in those I meet.

I seek to say or write
one thought that may
do the job of encouragement.

And if I do,
I’ve fulfilled my life mission.
I am being true to my nature.

You see, when I encourage
I get encouraged to0.


Originals by P Michael Biggs


No comments:

Post a Comment