Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Is the World Ending


Is the World Ending
© 2018 by P Michael Biggs


I’ve gone through
seventeen major elections
in my lifetime,
and with each one,
the world was supposed to end.

It hasn’t ended yet.

I’ve endured relationship breakups,
and every time it seemed
the world was ending.

And it did not.

Upon awakening, the next morning,
the world began again.
Some newness, some fresh something
came along and I started to dance again,
I started to live and breathe again.

The world did not end.

I caught sight of something …
Beauty slipped in, unawares.
I caught a glimmer of a new horizon
just off in the distance,
and I once again
gave birth to hope.

Oh no, the world is not ending.
It is convulsing, perhaps.
It is having growth pains, maybe.
It is changing, it is evolving
in strange and wonderful ways.

But ending?
No.  Just changing.


Originals by P Michael Biggs


No comments:

Post a Comment